As of 04.04.2020
In these difficult times surrounding the spread of COVID-19, companies in particular are in a difficult situation that also requires a high degree of responsible decision-making.
At SIMTEK, measures were taken at an early stage to contain the spread of the virus, while at the same time ensuring that the health of our employees and business partners is protected, and that our operations and thus our ability to supply our customers are maintained.
The following is an overview of the measures we have taken:
1. Protection of our employees, business partners and other contact groups:
- Increase of hygiene regulations already with the appearance of the first infections
- At that time, parts of the workforce were already beginning to work from the home office. In the meantime, this measure has been expanded to the maximum. In addition, measures have been taken to provide personnel backup in areas where working from the home office is not possible.
- In all our locations, a distance of at least 1.50m to other people must be maintained
- Meetings and conferences, both internal and external, are held exclusively by videoconference.
- At all SIMTEK locations external visits have been cancelled or postponed until further notice
- Quarantine regulation for employees after returning from one of the worldwide risk areas, also in case relatives have returned from such an area.
2. What is the current production, storage and delivery capacity?
Both our production facilities, which are spread over several locations, and our shipping and receiving departments continue to operate as usual, taking into account the measures mentioned in point 1. Our storage capacity is also sufficiently high so that we can guarantee the usual supply of SIMTEK products to our customers. Our logistics partners are also working as usual at the moment, so that delivery and dispatch of goods are also possible without any restrictions.
In order to be able to react appropriately and quickly to any delays and/or changes in logistics routes due to the current situation and to enable you to continue to receive the delivery of your required SIMTEK individual tools, as a precautionary measure we will from now on send you deliveries of individual tools from and across all locations on two deliveries of 50% each.
In addition, from now on we will dispatch scheduled deliveries one week before the agreed delivery date in each case, in order to counteract changes and delays here too.
At the present time, deliveries of goods from, to and via countries with restrictions on the movement of persons are still possible without restriction.
3. Are there any effects with regard to the supply of raw materials or other supplied parts?
There is currently no effect on our supply of raw materials and other supplier products. For our part, we are in constant contact with our suppliers and currently assume that our contractually agreed deliveries will continue to arrive. It also applies here that deliveries of goods to, from and via countries with restrictions on the movement of persons are currently still possible without restriction.
4. Effects on the availability and ability to act of SIMTEK departments and employees:
Thanks to our technical equipment, all departments can also be reached in the home office under the usual contact details. This means that all SIMTEK departments are still able to act, but due to the current situation personal contacts are not possible at the moment. We thank you for your understanding.
5. What happens in case of a change in the current situation?
In case of a fundamental change in the situation described above, we will of course inform you immediately.
SIMTEK sincerely hopes, you and your families will stay healthy throughout these times!