As of 11-23-2021
In these difficult times surrounding the spread of COVID-19, companies in particular are in a difficult situation that also requires a high degree of responsible decision-making.
At SIMTEK, measures were taken at an early stage to contain the spread of the virus, while at the same time ensuring that the health of our employees and business partners is protected, and that our operations and thus our ability to supply our customers are maintained.
The following is an overview of the measures we have taken:
1. Protection of our employees, business partners and other contact groups (among others, not conclusive):
- Increase of hygiene regulations
- Depending on the current COVID-19 situation, employees may be able to transfer to the home office immediately, if work-related issues allow that.
- In all our locations, a distance of at least 1.50m to other people must be maintained
- Meetings and conferences, both internal and external, are held preferably by videoconference.
- Regarding external visits, at all SIMTEK locations, the current COVID-19 situation is always assessed concerning the possible realization of the visit
- Quarantine regulation for employees in accordance with the current governmental requirements. Employees whose work can be done from the home office may switch to the home office as a precautionary measure before the government requirements take effect.
2. What is the current production, storage and delivery capacity?
Both our production facilities, which are spread over several locations, and our shipping and receiving departments continue to operate as usual, taking into account the measures mentioned in point 1. Our storage capacity is also sufficiently high so that we can guarantee the usual supply of SIMTEK products to our customers. Our logistics partners are also working as usual, so that delivery and dispatch of goods are also possible without any restrictions.
Addtionally, deliveries of goods from, to and via countries with restrictions on the movement of persons are still possible without restriction.
3. Are there any effects with regard to the supply of raw materials or other supplied parts?
There is currently no effect on our supply of raw materials and other supplier products. For our part, we are in constant contact with our suppliers and currently assume that our contractually agreed deliveries will continue to arrive. It also applies here that deliveries of goods to, from and via countries with restrictions on the movement of persons are still possible without restriction.
4. Effects on the availability and ability to act of SIMTEK departments and employees:
At present, there are no limitations on the ability to act and the accessibility to all SIMTEK departments and employees. The only restrictions may apply to international journeys, depending on the current situation and the country of entry or exit.
5. What happens in case of a change in the current situation?
In case of a fundamental change in the situation described above, we will of course inform you immediately.
SIMTEK sincerely hopes, you and your families will stay healthy throughout these times!